Just to Share with you……..
Second week started and I really don’t know what recipe to start with. I decided to try different curries this whole week. I got fresh Venthaya keerai (Methi leaves) from grocery so I thought of trying that. I always make my mother-in-laws style Venthaya keerai puli kulumbu. I might have posted that if not will post that soon. But today’s recipe I got from Tamil Virundu. It really came out well. I avoided adding Jaggery in this recipe.
1. Methi leaves – 1 bundle
2. Onion – 1/2 cup
3. Garlic cloves – 10 to 12
4. Green chili – 1
1. Tomato – 1
2. Coconut pieces – 7
3. Coriander powder– 2 tsp
4. Chili powder– 1 tsp
5. Turmeric and asafetida powder – pinch
6. Tamarind – small amla size
7. Fennel seed – 1 tsp
3. Pepper – 1/2 tsp each
1. Grind the ingredients under ‘ To Grind ‘ to fine paste and keep aside.
2. In kadai add 2 tsp of oil and seasoning ingredients. Once it splutters saute onion, garlic, green chilli till it turns tender.
3. Now add methi leaves and fry well until everything blends well.
4. Then add masala paste and fry it for 2 minutes.
5. Add required water & salt. Let this methi leaves curry boil for 10 minutes till all the ingredients are cooked well.
6. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
This entry was posted
on Monday, January 11th, 2016 at 10:03 pm and is filed under Spinach / Palak and other keerai's, Vegetarian.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Digg it | Bookmark at del.icio.us