Just to share with you…..
Once I want to try some recipe which I have seen in the net. For that recipe corn flour is one of the ingredients. So I bought one full pack from the Indian grocery. For long time I don’t know how to finish that flour. So asusal I started searching for some recipes which use corn flour as the main ingredient. I came across “Makki Ki roti” (chappathi/roti made by mixing wheat flour and corn flour) which is North Indian recipe. Suddenly I remembered what my grandma said in my childhood days. I always make comments when my grandma makes dosa because she used to make thick dosa’s (like uthappam). That time she used to say that she is very good in making dosa’s and she used to make dosa made of corn batter for big family (I mean the family members count). She used to tell that in those days (40 yrs back) they used to soak corn and grind and make batter for dosa as we are doing with rice now. This gave me the idea why I should not make dosa with this corn flour. I tried out.
1. Idli batter – 1 cup
2. Cornflour – 2 cups
3. little salt and water
Mix all the ingredients well and make Dosa. Eat with hot chutney’s like onion chutney which is the best combination.
1. If you mix wheat flour instead of corn flour that becomes “WHEAT DOSA” or Gothumai Dosai.
2. If you mix Ragi flour instead of corn flour that becomes “RAGI DOSA”.
3. If you mix Maida flour instead of corn flour that becomes “MAIDA DOSA”.
4. If you mix kambu flour instead of corn flour that becomes “KAMBU DOSA”.
5. You can also make these dosa’s with out adding idli batter. You feel little bit sticky. To avoid that add idli batter.
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 at 3:35 pm and is filed under Corn, Dosai / Dosa varieties, Kids Recipe - Children Recipe, Tiffin, Vegetarian.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Digg it | Bookmark at del.icio.us