Just to share with you……….
Suyan is a very simple sweet vada /bajji made using wheat. My grandma use to make different types of vada,Pakoda’s etc.This is one among them. This is my hubbys and now my daughters favourite too. No complicated ingredients. Mixture will be ready in minute . This is simplest sweet I have ever seen in my life. I am not includind semi home made items . This can be taken as Evening snack.
1. Wheat flour – 1 cup
2. Sugar – as needed
3. Pinch of soda salt(sodium bicarbonate)
4. Oil for frying
5. if big banana then 1/4 banana
1. Take wheat flour in bowl to it soda salt, mashed banana, and then sugar.
2. Add water (batter consistency should be thick) and mix well. Just taste and add sugar accordingly.
3. Heat the oil in kadai and using spoon take the batter and pour in oil. It will puff. Deep fry and then take out.
You can add 2 tsp of white rava also.
If you don’t have banana leave that ingredient. It is not must.
If the batter is like dose batter then it will get flatten and absorb oil.
You can add 2 tsp of maid too along with wheat flour.
Just to share with you………..
Paruppu Vadai /Aama vadai is basically a dish of Tamilnadu origin which is usually made during family feasts and is served as a starter. Most of the lunch menu for special occasions will include this Paruppu vada and Payasam. It is a fast and easy mouth watering appetizer which can be made in minutes. Advantage of this recipe is that you need not search for much of ingredients in your pantry and fridge. Since the outer layer of masala vada is very crispy it can be eaten as tea time snack.
1. Channa dal – 1 cup
2. Ani seeds/Sombu - 1 tsp
3. Ginger - very little
4. Green chilles - 4
5. Onion -1
6. Curry leaves
7. Corriander leaves
8. Oil for frying
1. Soak channa dal in water for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside a fistful of drained channa dal (optional) and grind the rest of the channa dal with sombu/ani seeds coarsely.
2. To this coarse mixture add chopped onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, finely chopped ginger and salt.
3. Add the remaining channa dal (optional) and mix well. Make small lemon-sized balls and pat it lightly on your palm and slide into hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
Instead of green chill we can add red chill while grinding.
To Make Keerai Vadai/Greens vada
You can add chooped spinach along with corase grinded dal. Or you can add Drumstick greens (Murunga keerai) – It will taste good
To Make Valapoo vadai
You can add cleaned and finely chopped banana flower. There is a another method to make Valpoo vada that we will see later.
Mixture of Dals
Instead of channa dal/Kadalaparuppu you can mke Channa dal 1/2 and toor dal 1/2 cup.