Just to share with you…..
Hi friends this is a different way of making valakkai poriyal just like your grated carrot poriyal. One who is eating for the first time may get confused with this. some might not be able to find out with what you have made that poriyal. This recipe I got from my best friend Sasirekha’s mom. she told me hw to make this.
You too can surprise ur hubby or friends or anybody with this recipe. Here comes the method of preparation. Try it out.
Boiled & Peeled Valakkai
1. Valakkai / Plaintain / Raw banana - 2
2. Oil – 2 tsp
3. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
4. Channa dhal, Urudhal – 1/2 tsp each
5. Onion small - 1 chopped
6. Green chilli - 5 chopped
7. curry leaves
8. Shredded coconut – 2 tsp (optional)
9. Turmeric powder
1. Keep the Valakkai immersed in water and bring it to boil. Once the outer layer is fully darkened take out the valakkai and drain water. Peel the skin fully like you do while eating banana.
2. Using grater grate the cooked and peeled valakkai.
3. Keep the pan in stove. Pour oil and temper mustard seeds, curry leaves, channa dhal and urudhal.
4. Add onion and green chilli and pinch of turmeric powder.
5. Fry well and then add grated valakkai. Mix well and keep for 5 mins.
6. If you want you can add coconut at the end.
Just to share with you………..
Initially, Here in US I don’t know whether we can get goat brain/ aatu moolai. I was surprised to see goat brain available in Halal meat shop. Apart from cooking the same type of food regularly we can cook something like this and we can enjoy the day.
1. Goat brain – 1
2. Green chilli – 5
3. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
4. curry leaves
5. oil and salt as needed
1. Remove the thin layer on the brain and clean it carefully.
2. Heat the pan. Add little oil. To this add very finely chopped green chillies.
3. Add goat brain, turmeric powder and salt. Fry all this well. Cook until done.