Just to Share with you….
My friend Sangeetha Johnson gave me the recipe for Fish Pulao which forms the basis for my Shrimp pulao. Since both shrimp and fish are sea food I tried the same recipe with bit alteration using shrimp instead of Fish which came out really good. This will not be too hot / chilli so kids will enjoy this a lot. My American friends also liked this since this is mild and very good recipe.
1. Basmati rice – 2 cups
2. Shrimp of any kind – 2 cups. (you can use frozen cocktail shrimp packets too )
3. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
4. Salt and oil as needed
5. Tomatoes – 250 gms.
6. Coconut milk – 1 cup
7. Cloves – 4
8. Cardamoms – 4
9. Cinnamon – 2 pieces
10. Pepper corns – ½ tsp
11. Bay leaves – 2
12. corriander powder -1 tsp
13. Chilli powder -1 tsp
1. Wash rice well, drain and keep aside.
2. Boil the tomatoes for 2 mins or put in hot water and skinout the tomatoes. Chop and blend them with the coconut milk.
3. Measure this liquid and add enough water to make 4 cups.
4. Soak rice in it for 10 minutes.
5. Heat ghee or oil in a pressure cooker.
6. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper and bay leaves for a min.
7. Add shrimp and fry.
8. Add corriander, chilli and turmeric powder.
9. Add the rice with the soaking liquid. Add salt to taste.
10. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
If you have tomato puree then you can avoid tomato.
Just to Share with you…..
This is a different kind from usual variety rices. The special powder we are using makes this rice different. This will be good recipe for potluck. Hope you too can enjoy this recipe.
1. Basmati rice - 2 cups
2. Cauliflower - 1 (full)
3. Onion - 1 (medium size)
4. Lime juice - 2 teaspoons
5. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
6. Salt to taste
Ingredients for powder
1. Red chillies - 5
2. Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
3. kadalaparuppu - 2 tsps
4. Urad dal – 1 tsp.
5. Pepper - 1/4 tsp.
6. Jeera - 1/2 tsp.
7. Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
8. Fry these in dry tava and make fine powder
1. Wash the rice 2 or 3 times and cook it with 3 cups of water.
2. Cut cauliflower into small flowerets and keep immersed in salted water for 5 minutes. Wash well and boil it with little water for 5 minutes in microwave oven. Drain water after cauliflower is boiled.
3. Add 1 tsp oil in a pan. Fry 1 onion (chopped) until golden brown then add the boiled cauliflower with it. Add turmeric powder and salt as required.
4. Add the powder and mix thoroughly and cook for 5 – 10 min until raw smell goes away.
5. In the mean time sprinkle lemon juice cooked rice and mix well.
6. When Vegetable is ready add to cooked rice.
You can roast cashew nuts in ghee and garnish the rice by sprinkling on rice.