Just to Share with you……
Potato bonda is a simple one. First you need to make mashed potato stuffing. If you have left out Poori masala made of potato just make it dry by keeping in stove and frying for few minutes and you can make masala dosa or potato bonda as a snack with that masala.
1. Boiled and mashed potatoes
2. Onion finelly chopped
3. Green chilli /chilli powder (your preference)
4. curry leaves and corrianderleaves chopped
6. Turmeric powder
7. pinch of garam masala
1. Pour 1 tsp of oil.
2. Add chopped onions, chillies and fry.
3. Add curry and coriander leaves.
4. Add all powders, salt and mashed potato.
5. Fry without water for 5 mins and makes balls out of the masala.
6. Roll balls over bajji batter and deep fry in oil.
Ingredients for Batter
1. Besan Flour /Kadalamavu – 1 cup
2. salt as need
3. Little appa soda if you have (sodium bicorbonate) and color powder. If you don’t have color powder add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder because the besan which we are getting in US is not giving very good color like Indian Kadalamavu.
Preparation of batter
1. Mix all the ingredients together well by adding little water so that it will be in idli/dasa batter consistency
Just to share with you………
Red pumpkin masala puri is a different kind of poori made with grated red pumpkin. This is a colorful poori too.
1. Pumpkin Piece (grated) – 1/4 cup
2. Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
3. Salt to taste
4. Sugar – 1/4 tsp
5. Ajwain (Omam) – 1 tsp
6. Chopped Corriander and Mint leaves
7. Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
8. Oil for Kneading – 2 tsp and for frying.
9. Wheat flour – 1 cup
10. Water to knead
1. Mix grated Pumpkin, mint and coriander leaves, salt, sugar, chilli powder, ajwain , turmeric powder, oil and wheat flour.
2. Knead into thick dough sprinkling some water. (here water consumption will be less)
3. Keep aside for 15 minutes and Roll into small size Pooris
4. Fry in hot oil.
5. Serve hot with potatomasala /Raita /Pickles
Just to share with you………..
There are certain advantages for preparing naan at home, the main one being the fact that you will never feel over optimistic about it, as a result of which you are never too disappointed about the outcome. Try out this naan.
1. All-purpose flour – 2 cups
2. Yeast (Dry) - 1 teaspoon
3. sugar – 1 teaspoon
4. salt – 1 teaspoon
5. ghee or melted butter – 4 teaspoon
6. yoghut – 2 teaspoon
7. water -2/3 cup
8. Sesame seeds - 1tspn
1. Dissolve yeast in water to which sugar is added.
2. Sift flour and salt together into a bowl and add the yeast mixture, half of the ghee and the yogurt. Mix to form a soft dough, then knead on a floured surface for about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover and let stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
4. Punch down the dough and knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough into lemon sized balls. Flatten the dough using a rolling pin, or by hand (I prefer the second method, for the very rustic look it provides). Top with sesame seeds or any other topping of your choice. Brush grill pan with oil, wipe it with a piece of cloth.
5. Bring it to medium heat, and keep the flattened dough over it, wait till it unevenly puffs up (3-4 min). Brush some melted butter or ghee on 5 or 6 random spots. .
6. Turn it over, cook for 2-3 more minutes, or till the spots are browned enough. Quickly transfer it to a clean kitchen towel and keep it wrapped. Serve hot brushed with ghee or melted butter.
Just to share with you……
Are you feeling bored to eat same type of food again and again? Letz try somithing different which is easy to make, colorful , kids and adults will love this which is made with grated Carrot and seasoned with Indian spices.
Normally all kids like idli’s and dosa’s . But many kids like mine they don’t want to eat with chutney or sambar. If that is the case what to do? For those kids I have nice idea. If you make your idli colorful they are really going to love it. If they are not taking chutney/sambar also fine because we are going to make this colorful idli with some veggies. While making for kids avoid chillies. If your kid is too small then just make carrot idli without adding the temoering things like urad dal etc.
They are going to love this idli which is having grated carrot topping. When you pack this for their tiffin box they really going to enjoy showing this decorated idli to their friends.
1. Idli batter
2. Curry leaves and coriander leaves handful chopped finely.
3. Grated Carrot, Boiled peas
4. Grated Ginger 1 tsp
5. Finely chopped green chilli
6. Oil or Ghee 1 tsp
7. Mustard, Urad dal, Channa dal for seasoning.
8. Hing/turmeric powder little
1. In Idli batter, mix 3/4 of grated carrot, peas, curry leaves, coriander leaves and chopped ginger.
2. Heat oil and season with mustard, urad dal, channa dal and hing, Pour the seasoning over Idli batter and mix gently.
3. In a greased Idli plate, sprinkle remaining grated carrot on each pit and on top of it pour Idli batter.
4. Steam till the Idli is cooked.
1. Spinach - a bunch
2. Wheat Flour - 2 cups
3. Besan - 2 tbspn
4. Cumin seeds/jeera - 1 tbspn
5. Chilli Powder - 1-2 tspn
6. Turmeric powder - 2 tspn
7. Ajwain(Ommam) - 1 tspn (optional)
8. Curd – 2 tspn
9. Salt acc to taste
10. Oil enough for roasting.
11. Sesame seeds - 1 tspn (optional)
12. chopped onion - 1 cup (optional)
1. Take a vessel, mix all the ingredients well and knead using curd and little water to make soft dough.
2. Set aside for 1/2 to 1 hr.
3. Make lemon size ball and roll it as you do for chapathi.
4. Heat the griddle and roast the rolled stuff.
5. Serve with any raita, plain curd.
GREEN PARATHA’S /ROTI’S
1. Instead of spinachleaves use methi leaves.
1. Use can use any combination of green leaves to make green roti’s.